Built in Japan by Audio-Technica, Voice by VPI: Shyla Dual Moving-Coil Phono Cartridge Plays with High Separation, Wide Responsiveness, Enticing Presence, and a Natural Midrange
Inspired by Audio-Technica's flagship ART Series, and a collaboration between the iconic Japanese cartridge manufacturer and the analog experts at VPI, the Shyla dual moving-coil cartridge combines expert design and natural, musical voicing focused on the midrange while also dialed-in to provide strong, deep lows and detailed highs. Featuring a premium magnetic core, special line contact stylus, and 0.26mm-diameter solid boron cantilever, Shyla proves a fantastic tracker that refuses to lose its composure even during challenging passages. Once it hit the grooves of an LP, this premium, high-separation, wide-response model reproduces music with enticing presence, imaging, liveliness, and dynamics.
On the technical side, Shyla boasts all the elements that have helped make both Audio-Technica and VPI renowned names in the high-end industry for decades. As such, Shyla's coils and terminal pins use PCOCC to maintain exceptional purity and conductivity. Its neodymium magnet and permendur yoke significantly increase magnetic energy, while the rated 0.6mV output speaks to its powerful performance.
Shyla's exterior construction is equally important. Modified with advanced internal dampening, its mold ensures exceptional stability and rigidity, limiting unnecessary coil movement and reducing distortion. Similarly, its machined aluminum/hard plastic hybrid body further lessens resonance. Last but not least, the presence of threaded holes allows for easy, hassle-free mounting.
Partnerships between revered high-end companies don't come better than Audio-Technica and VPI. Hear Shyla and experience why.
- Frequency Response: 15-50,000 Hz
- Channel Separation: 30 (dB at 1 kHz)
- Vertical Tracking Angle: 23°
- Vertical Tracking Force: 1.6-2.0 g (1.8 g standard)
- Stylus Construction: Nude square shank
- Recommended Load Impedance: Min. 100 ohms
- Coil Impedance: 12 ohms (1 kHz)
- DC Resistance: 12 ohms
- Coil Inductance: 25 µH (1 kHz)
- Output: 0.6 mV (1 kHz, 5 cm/sec.)
- Channel Balance: 0.5 dB (1 kHz)
- Stylus Shape: Special line contact
- Cantilever: 0.26 mm diameter solid boron
- Dynamic Compliance: 15 x 10-6 cm/dyne (100 Hz)
- Mount: Half-inch
- Dimensions (HWD): 0.68" x 0.67" x 1.01"
- Weight: 0.30 oz