Ortofon 2M Bronze
Bona fide precision with the 2M Bronze
To us hi-fi is more than a fancy label. High fidelity is the goal of everything we do. The 2M Bronze is designed to give the music a whole new dimension of precision. Listening to your records with the 2M Bronze is like hearing them for the first time and you get to fall in love with the songs all over. That is what hi-fi means to us and that is what you get with the 2M Bronze.
The 2M Bronze features a Nude Fine Line diamond, which is particularly suited for demanding applications. The slim profile of the Fine Line stylus will track even the highest frequency information. Additionally, its larger footprint ensures reduced distortion and record wear. The 2M Bronze uses a special upgraded engine, featuring split pole pins with a silver plated copper wire.
We have optimized the design for ease of mounting the cartridge, and the weight and size to fit the most common turntables on the market today. The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 5 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz - 1 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz - 26 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz - 15 dB
- Frequency response - 20-20.000 + 2 / - 0 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force - 80 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 22 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Nude Fine Line
- Stylus tip radius - r/R 8/40 µm
- Tracking force range - 1.4-1.7 g (14-17 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended - 1.5 g (15 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 1.2 kOhm
- Internal inductance - 630 mH
- Recommended load resistance - 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance - 150-300 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus - Black/Bronze
- Cartridge weight - 7.2 g
- Premounted cartridge weight - 16.7 g