Ortofon 2M Black
2M Black - True to the groove
The 2M Black is the flagship of the series and it lives up to this with flying colors. The Shibata diamond gives it contact with the groove like nothing else. You can hear every little detail in the music from every part of the spectrum. Just the way the artist wanted you to. For those who want to sense the presence of the artist in the room when they listen to their records.
The 2M Black is graced with a Shibata diamond which slim, highly polished profile allows an exceedingly wide contact area to the groove walls and ensures notably detailed reproduction throughout the spectrum, including even the most high frequency groove information. The 2M Black uses a special upgraded engine, featuring split pole pins with a silver plated copper wire.
We have optimized the design for ease of mounting the cartridge, and the weight and size to fit the most common turntables on the market today. The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 5 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz - 1 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz - 26 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz - 15 dB
- Frequency response - 20-20.000 + 2 / - 0 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force - 80 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 22 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Nude Shibata
- Stylus tip radius - r/R 6/50 µm
- Tracking force range - 1.4-1.7 g (14-17 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended - 1.5 g (15 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 1.2 kOhm
- Internal inductance - 630 mH
- Recommended load resistance - 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance - 150-300 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus - Black/Black
- Cartridge weight - 7.2 g
- Premounted cartridge weight - 16.7 g